Are you new to the fundraising environment and looking for information, insight and advice? This introductory live classroom online course, led by Pam Judson, gives you the best possible foundations for framing your big ‘ask’.
Using a mix of case studies, presentations and discussions, you’ll work with Pam to address:
- Understanding the Scottish funding landscape post-covid and how arts and heritage fit into it
- What your organisation needs to have in place to start from a position of strength, rather than need
- How fundraising works and why people give – three models
- An overview of the main sources of funding including Trusts and Foundations, statutory sources, individual giving, legacies, events and corporate giving
- Identifying what part of your work should be aimed at what source of funding
- Researching funders and sources of support
- Beyond the thank you – how to develop relationships with your funders and supporter
By the end of the second session, you’ll be able to:
- Identify what your organisations needs to have in place before you can start to fundraise effectively
- Determine what sources of funding you can approach and identify which ones might be best matched to your organisational needs
- Outline the elements needed to make your organisational case to funders
- Understand what a range of funders look for when giving support
- Feel more confident in approaching a range of sources of support
Ideal if… you have recently started in a fundraising role or are completely new to fundraising; suitable for volunteers, staff and board members.