The Barn, an arts organisation based in Banchory, Aberdeenshire, is recruiting new talent and expertise to the Board of our established Charity.
Board members play an important role in ensuring good governance for the organisation, as well as being advocates for the work of the Barn locally, nationally and beyond. We are looking for committed individuals who will be able to contribute to the long-term success of the organisation.
We also wish to build a diverse Board of Trustees that reflects the communities in which we work.
The role includes attending quarterly Board meetings and we are seeking candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
● Arts and venue management experience – professional artists, curators and producers as well as operations and general managers.
● Fundraising – understanding and knowledge of charity fundraising.
● Environmental expertise and Green Champions – researchers, academics and activists working in the fields of climate justice, particularly in areas of soil restoration, climate change gardening/growing and climate resilience/adaptation.
● Finance and business management – comprehensive understanding of financial and management accounts.
● Local community involvement – advocates in Banchory with strong local links and networks.
● Trustees who bring in varied perspectives. This might be due to your life experience, ethnic or social background, physical or neurological differences, or anything else you feel relevant.
We are looking for people who are committed to using their expertise and professional networks in support of our charitable objectives and goals.