Fundraising is an important item on any board agenda in the culture sector and key to the success of the organisation. As a trustee, how can you help and what do you need to know? Catriona Reynolds gives essential guidance in this two-hour session.
As a board member, your role is to ensure there are sufficient resources to pursue the organisation’s aims and objectives, and that any fundraising carried out is done effectively, legally and responsibly. But what else can you do – how can you help the fundraising activity itself? What do you need to know?
This early evening session, led by Culture & Business Scotland’s Head of Governance & Engagement, explores:
- Your responsibilities when it comes to fundraising
- Is your organisation compliant with fundraising standards and regulations?
- What you need to know about fundraising
- Do you know where your own organisation’s funding comes from and how it is secured?
- Is your fundraising activity sufficiently resourced?
- Thoughts on sources of funding to suit your organisation’s needs – what might work (and what might not!)
- How you can help the fundraising activity – and what the staff team expect of you
Ideal if… you are a trustee or board member wanting to know more about your fundraising responsibilities, or if you are the member of the staff team charged with fundraising and would like some help in putting across to the board the nature of the fundraising role.
Looking for more governance information? Follow the link to our Governance resources.