**Postponed – new date to be announced soon! **
Move from a blank page to a compelling case for support in the capable hands of professional copywriter, Allison Traynor.
Offering a combination of project-based, hands-on writing exercises with tips, techniques and critical theory, the two sessions explore the five stages of the copywriting process – planning, structuring, drafting, editing and proofing. While the course provides a specific focus on writing a case for support, the resulting learning can be applied to all kinds of fundraising and other communications.
Working with Allison, you’ll look at how to both tell your story and sell your idea by:
- Making your vision, mission and values the bedrock of your story
- Gathering evidence to build into your narrative
- Understanding your audiences and thinking from their perspective
- Building a logical structure to your content to keep your reader engaged
- Identifying your message and call to action
- Balancing features and benefits when you ‘sell’ your idea
- Developing and applying your brand tone of voice
- Getting creative with headlines and bringing out your brand personality
By the end of the course, you’ll have renewed confidence in your capabilities as a copywriter and come away with a bank of useful tips and techniques as well as real content that you can build into your next piece of communication.
Ideal if… you are looking to improve your copywriting skills to support your fundraising activities and other communications.